Let’s get real; no one washes their hair anymore. Is anyone still pretending they wash daily? I’m not.
Can’t lie, though – sometimes the situation gets a little dire. A day or two is good, but after that it’s just a mess up there. Thankfully I’ve gotten pretty damn good at hiding it — adorable pin-up girl style.
It’s simple, quick, effective, and cute. Here’s the breakdown.
you need: bobby pins, dry shampoo, a teasing comb, a hair elastic, and a cute bandana (or scarf).
1. dry shampoo your hair, brush it through, and tease your roots.
2. pull your hair into a ponytail at the top of your head — give it a little tug so the elastic isn’t too tight; you’re not going for the slicked back look.
3. tease the ponytail, then roll the hair backward and pin it down. As someone with relatively short hair I find this is the best way to make a nice full looking bun.
4. fold your bandana and tie it, then tuck the ends in. I like to leave it fairly wide at the back.
5. add a few pins to keep it in place.
BAM, your greasy roots are hidden from the world and you look adorable. Add a pop of red lipstick to really give yourself some vintage flair – the one I have on is The Red from Sephora.
Oh, and btw, please please please do not waste 20 dollars buying a bandana from Aldo -you can get one like this at the dollar store for, you guessed it, a dollar. They have all sorts of colours. Just don’t tell anyone I buy my hair accessories from Dollarama, k? That can be our little secret.
I’m currently on a bus (YES, this bus has WIFI!!!!) to Stratford (Biebs’ hometown, for the record) for a visit with a friend and of course to see a show at the Stratford festival. I’ve never been before, but I’m beyond excited. Summer adventures, here I come! I definitely won’t be washing my hair while I’m there so the world is about to see a lot of bandana moments.
love love love – L