Chillest of chill nights tonight – I finally finished my class registration today, and it was more stressful than anything. I genuinely was near tears the whole time – thinking over and over I should never have moved here.
In some ways it’s true – moving from Victoria, BC to Toronto was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done and, in a lot of ways, it’s made my very easy life very… not easy. “Maybe,” I said to my roommate today, while I paced around our kitchen with my arms in the air, “I was better off as a big fish in a little pond.”
“Do you really think that?” she asked me. I fell into a kitchen chair defeatedly, sipping peppermint tea while Megan watched me through curious eyes. After a little while I shook my head.
“No. I don’t. It seems like it would have been so easy to just power through another two years in Vic, hating everything. In reality though… maybe that’s not the case.”
I’m so so glad I’m here – it’s harder but it’s better. Nothing worth having comes easy, right? It’s just hard. Everything is just hard.
The point is, it was a long day. A long day after which I wanted nothing more than to light a few candles and put my feet up.
My relaxing essentials? WELL, glad you asked:
- these lil foot softening booties! like a facial for your feet. So good.
- peppermint tea. I’m trying real hard to facilitate better sleep lately; part of that is coolin’ it on the coffee. AND I got a grocery store gift card for christmas which turned out to be the best present ever because it means I can buy nice organic tea. oh! I also added a bit of fresh ginger, just because I was feelin bougie.
- candles. Always candles. Especially vanilla!
- White Collar – my latest netflix obsession. Oh, and Matt Bomer is a dreamboat.
- honey face masks. A friend of my mom’s is a beekeeper, so for christmas I got a little jar of organic vancouver island honey and it is ah-mazing. Honey is anti-bacterial, which means it’s good for treating and preventing acne and bringing down redness. It’s also full of antioxidants! Read more here!
That’s all I got for ya – and it’s more than enough. What are your essentials for a delicious, indulgent evening in? Do tell!
love and cozy vibes,